Friday, April 13, 2012

Skim Milk Face Wash


Milk is often an ingredient used in beauty products since it contains lactic acid which hydrates your skin and alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) which serves as a light and gentle exfoliant.

For all the reasons stated above, I was excited to try this DIY milk face wash recipe.

The process is simple: Take a little bit of water (say 1/16 cup) and add milk powder (teaspoon by teaspoon) until you get a consistency you're comfortable with. Then simply apply a generous layer on your skin--you should feel a tightening feeling immediately or within a few minutes. Once dried, rinse off with lukewarm water.

The results? My skin definitely felt softer upon first use and looked fresh. But I really didn't like the sticky after-feeling. I had to rinse my face twice because of the residue. After trying this mask on for two nights straight, I have to admit I'm torn. I think it is effective...but I'm not so convinced of its cleansing properties.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like it's a pretty good DIY. I gotta try this! Thanks!

    Oh and I found you from Beauty Blogger Chain Link. :)
    http://urhappybunnie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete