Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Baking Soda Shampoo


I recently started using this baking soda shampoo once a week and I'm definitely loving it. I tried it for the first time because I wanted to get on the "No Poo" bandwagon (Note: No Poo has nothing to do with feces--it's a movement calling for women to stop shampooing their hair), but alas it didn't work out for me. I have really oily hair so the lack of shampoo just made me unpresentable to the point where I was convinced someone was going to offer me a free shower in their home.

But the one upside was that not shampooing my hair got me to try this little recipe--can I call it a recipe if it only requires two ingredients, including water?

There are a few reason why I opt for this simple rinse once a week. First and foremost, it really makes my hair feel squeaky clean and allegedly helps prevent dandruff. But more importantly, it cleans my hair without using a lot of ingredients. The icing on top: It's cheap!

Ingredients
1 tablespoon baking soda
1 cup water

Directions
Mix ingredients. The baking soda will settle in the bottle so make sure you mix it up prior to using. Pour onto hair and massage the product into the scalp. Rinse after 3 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment