Monday, March 12, 2012

Cornstarch Dry Shampoo

My hair is so oil-prone that I actually need to wash my hair every day or else without a fail, in less than 24 hours, my scalp and hair are greasy.

So, for a person like myself, dry shampoo is a savior.

I tried using cornstarch as a dry shampoo and there is no doubt that it works. Cornstarch is a natural thickening agent used in cooking, that is harvested from the endosperm of the corn.

It instantly absorbed all the excess oil in my hair and gave it the extra lift and volume it lost from the grease.

The one caveat; however, is that it isn't the most friendly product for brunettes and those individuals with dark hair since the white powder leaves a residue that gives your hair a grayish tint.

But that doesn't mean this can't work at all. I'm not sure I would be courageous enough to rub cornstarch on my hair and let my flocks loose, but I would definitely consider styling an up-do (such as a pony tail or bun).

No comments:

Post a Comment