Monday, February 27, 2012

Chia Seeds


I recently started adding chia seeds to my oatmeal after reading about it's alleged health benefits. My dad thought I was crazy, until his beloved Wall Street Journal had an article about the seed's magical qualities.

Now, there's no surprise that health freaks will consume chia seeds for its alleged benefits. But being a beauty-centric blog, my main question is: What can chia seeds do for my hair, skin and nails?

Chia seeds have an extremely high concentration of omega-3's (more than salmon!) and are rich in calcium and protein. But let's focus on the omega-3's. Omega-3 fatty acids are important for scalp health by preventing a dry scalp and dull hair, improves skin quality and slows aging.

I can't speak for how they've helped me out yet since it's only been 2 weeks, but I'll take my chances since they're rich in omega-3's.

Image via Google Images; specifically here.

No comments:

Post a Comment