Wednesday, January 11, 2012

DIY Mascara Remover


I was very skeptical to try this because I've always read that oil-free makeup removers were the way to go. Imagine my horror (and surprise) to hear that olive oil makes a good eye makeup remover. Yuck!

But one of my best friends insisted I try it and after a week of experimenting, it's safe to say I'm a convert! Not only does the thickest and the strongest mascara melt off upon contact with olive oil, but it also moisturizes your lids, under eye and lashes.

Lashes are, after all, hair and the benefits of olive oil on your hair apply to your lashes too. Or at least, that's the connection I'm making. 

The best way to apply this is to pour a little olive oil on a cotton ball and apply over eyelid as you would a makeup remover. It's best to experiment with the amount of olive oil until you find the right consistency--too much is messy causing the oil to enter your eyes and too little can make the cotton fibers stick to your lashes. 

Image via Google Images

No comments:

Post a Comment