Friday, January 27, 2012

Pore Cleansing with Elmer's Glue

I recently read The Black Book of Hollywood Beauty Secrets by Kym Douglas and Cindy Pearlman. The book was an entertaining book that interviewed celebrities for their tips and tricks, along with their makeup artists.

Apart from a good read, the book suggested an easy way to clear your pores instead of using pore strips. According to the authors, if you use Elmer's Glue you can get the same effects as using a deep cleansing pore strip.

What do you need? Elmer's School Glue
What do you do? Apply a layer on your skin. Allow it to dry. Peel off.

I have to admit, when I first read that, it just sounded too good to be true. I immediately knew I had to try it because I have two blackheads--and I emphasize, exactly two individual blackheads--that just won't go away. And worse, they're not on my face. One is on my thigh and the other on my decollete.

I applied the glue, as instructed above, over and around my singular blackhead and to my pleasant surprise, it came out! I can't say that it won't come back, but it's nice to know that a simple white glue will do the trick!

I not only recommend trying the Elmer's trick before buying your next pack of pore strips, but also suggest checking out/purchasing The Black Book of Hollywood Beauty Secrets. Not everything is applicable to everyone, but you're bound to find some great tips!

No comments:

Post a Comment